Redmond School District has unveiled Redmond K-12 Online, a new program for the 2013-14 school year.
Redmond K-12 Online is the district’s first virtual school that will be offered as a no-cost option. The online program will be available to kindergarten through grade 12 as a full-time option.
Students will have access to more than 600 courses as well as a dedicated local mentor who will support them throughout the duration of the school year. Those enrolled in the program will be connected to their assigned neighborhood school and will have the opportunity to participate in district activities, clubs and athletics.
The district will be hosting information sessions for parents and families interested in the program:
· Thursday, March 14, 10:30-11:30 a.m. at Ridgeview High School Skybox
· Thursday, March 14, 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Ridgeview High School Skybox
· Wednesday, March 20, 10:30-11:30 a.m. at Redmond School District Offices
· Thursday, March 21, 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Redmond School District Offices
· Tuesday, April 16, 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Ridgeview High School Skybox
· Wednesday, April 17, 11:30-12:30 p.m. at Redmond School District Office
“Students have many needs and some require different learning environments,” shared Mike McIntosh, Superintendent. “Redmond K-12 Online supports the needs of those who desire the virtual classroom but want to remain socially active in their assigned neighborhood school.”
Those interested in participating are encouraged to enroll during the March 1 through April 1 open enrollment period. For questions or more information about Redmond K-12 Online, contact Mike Nye, Online School Coordinator, at 541-923-8928 or visit www.redmondk12online.org.