10 in Ten – Ashleigh Brown

We’ve interviewed ten graduating seniors from Redmond and Ridgeview High School on their thoughts about graduation and their future.  From now until the last day of school on June 10th, you’ll get to learn about their stories, hopes and dreams!

10inTen1 What are your plans after high school?

After high school I will be attending Seattle Pacific University for four years where I will work towards getting my bachelor’s degree in pre-veterinary medicine.  I chose to attend SPU because of their extraordinary pre-vet program and their supportive Christian environment.  I believe that SPU will give me the opportunity to succeed and grow as an individual and as a student.  While there, I plan on interning in the medical field, getting work study experience to build my resume and pay my way through college, and continuing to pursue my passion as a dancer.

What excites you most about the future?

I am most excited for the chance to experience life on my own through the dorm and college environment.  I look forward to the chance to make my own decisions, to become more independent, and develop my own personal habits and values about my life.  I am also excited about the chance to have a roommate and hopefully develop valuable relationships with the new people that I will be spending the next four years of my life with.  I believe that living away from home for awhile will allow me to grow independently more than a local college experience would.  The chance to live a dorm life only comes once in a lifetime and I am glad that decided not to skip it.

What has been your favorite memory of high school?

These last two years of high school I have invested in my education as an International Baccalaureate (IB) student.  My favorite high school memory is that of getting involved in the IB program and all of the love and support that comes along with it.  The staff and students devote more time, effort, and passion to those around them and work more to encourage them.  I have made so many life-long friendships through this program and developed more as an individual than I would have if I had chosen a different academic path.  I will always remember all that they have done for me and the positive memories that they have given me to cherish in the future.

Is there anything else you’d like to share about your feelings about graduating?

The journey to my graduation day has been long and rough at times, but it has truly been a wonderful, life-changing experience.  The challenges that I have faced up until the end of my senior year of high school have shaped me into a better person and provided me with the success and skills that I need to continue my education and pursue a career that I am passionate about.  Without my experience in high school and the wonderful people that have helped me get to my graduation day, I wouldn’t be the successful, driven person that I am today.  I feel so blessed to be able to graduate in just a couple short weeks and make the next big step towards my future.

Congratulations, Ashleigh!  We wish you the best of luck in your college career!