10 in Ten – Kelly Ackerman Mertz

We’ve interviewed ten graduating seniors from Redmond and Ridgeview High School on their thoughts about graduation and their future.  From now until the last day of school on June 10th, you’ll get to learn about their stories, hopes and dreams!

10inTen1 Day Two

What are your plans after high school?

After high school I am planning to attend to Linfield College in McMinnville, Oregon, to major in anthropology and minor in Spanish.

What excites you most about the future?

I am most excited about college and participating in the study abroad program!

What has been your favorite memory of high school?

My favorite memory of high school is making lots of new friends and going to the games and dances with them.

Is there anything else you’d like to share about your feelings about graduating?

I am super excited about graduating and finally going to go off on my own, but the thought of going off alone also makes me feel a little bit nervous.

Heather Peterson, Spanish Teacher at Ridgeview High School, shared this with us,

Kelly has her hand in a variety of fields.  On any given day she can be found speaking Spanish in her advanced Spanish class, heading up a service project for National Honor Society, or showcasing her skills at play practice.  She is a young woman with a variety of talents and a bright future!”

Congratulations Kelly!  We wish you the best of luck at Linfield College!