10 in Ten – Yasmin Lopez

We’ve interviewed ten graduating seniors from Redmond and Ridgeview High School on their thoughts about graduation and their future.  From now until the last day of school on June 10th, you’ll get to learn about their stories, hopes and dreams!

10inTenYLopez

What are your plans after high school?

After high school I plan on attending Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, AZ, to major in Criminal Justice.  I aspire to be a criminal defense attorney.  After I graduate from GCU I will attend law school.  I am more determined and motivated than ever before to pursue my dreams of working towards a higher education.

What excites you most about the future?

The fact that I am going to go on new adventures.  I am most definitely excited yet nervous to be moving out of state all by myself for college.  It will be a whole new experience for me.  I will get to experience life in a whole new aspect.  What excites me even more is the people I am going to meet and all the wonderful opportunities that are going to be presented to me.

What has been your favorite memory of high school?

My favorite memory of high school would have to be my senior prom.  The theme was “Masquerade,” which was great because everyone could create their own masks.  The music, the people, the energy, just everything was awesome.  It was a night filled with adventure, joy, positivity and so much emotion.  I had a blast with all my friends and fellow classmates.  It was definitely a night to remember!

Is there anything else you’d like to share about your feelings about graduating?

I am proud to say that I will be graduating from Redmond High School with the class of 2014!

Deb Badger, Counselor at Redmond High School, shared this with us,

“Yasmin is a very well rounded student and holds a high sense of integrity in everything that she does.  She’s incredibly professional in how she presents herself with both students and adults alike.  We wish her the best from Redmond High School!

Congratulations Yasmin!  We wish you the best of luck in your new adventures at Grand Canyon University!