10 in Ten – Courtney Mansell

10inTen1C Mansell

What are your plans after high school?

My plans for after high school involve me pursuing a career as a pre-medical imaging technician, eventually making my way up to becoming a radiologist.  I have been accepted and will be attending Oregon Institute of Technology in the fall.  I have always had a strong interest in helping people when in need, which steered me towards a career in the health profession.  Tied between a career in nursing and a career in radiology, I decided after weeks of weighing the two options to follow the path to radiology.  After I graduate, I hope to move back to Central Oregon to start my career.  After I am settled down a bit, I hope to travel overseas to Europe and Great Britain to explore different cultures.

What excites you most about the future?

Being the only child in my family to formally graduate and the only person in my family to ever attend college, I find that what excites me most about my future is treading into unmarked territory and making something of myself.  I am determined to be successful and to change lives.  What excites me most of all is doing all of this with self-motivation.  High school has been a bumpy road for my family and I and we have overcome many obstacles.  But in the end, through love and strength, I know that I have made it out as a successful, independent, motivated teenager.  Because of this, I am really excited for what the future has to offer.  I feel as though I am unstoppable and that just makes me want to take on whatever life has to throw at me.  I cannot wait to be a successful individual in life.

What has been your favorite memory of high school?

Throughout high school I have made numerous wonderful memories with an array of wonderful people.  Some memories that truly stand out in my head are those memories created in theatre and being part of the band at school.  With theatre I have been so grateful to be this year’s theatre board president.  As president, I experienced different trips and opportunities that have created some unforgettable memories, like playing a major role in our school’s production of Footloose this past spring.  I met amazing people, overcame stage fright and so much more!  I will never forget being in this production and being such an influence in the program.  As for band, it is a passion of mine that will never go away.  I would consider this year’s wind ensemble my second family.  From long bus rides to being drum major, leading the band at parades and pep band, this has been a favorite memory.

Is there anything else you’d like to share about your feelings about graduating?

I honestly have mixed feelings about graduating.  I am excited to know that I have reached a huge milestone in life and that I am now able to go on and achieve great things.  But I am also anxious about what life has to offer after high school.  Life does not come with a manual, so it’ll be an interesting adventure to try and figure out.  I am happy that I have made many friends but sad that we’ll all be going our separate ways.  But overall, graduation for me is one of the greatest accomplishments that I could, and ever will make, in life.  I know that it will be one of the most memorable moments of my life.

Congratulations Courtney!  We wish you the best of luck in your studies at Oregon Institute of Technology!