10 in Ten – Sam Walker

We’ve interviewed ten graduating seniors from Redmond and Ridgeview High School on their thoughts about graduation and their future.  From now until the last day of school on June 10th, you’ll get to learn about their stories, hopes and dreams!

10inTen1 S Walker

Sam Walker, Ridgeview High School Senior, has had an incredibly involved high school career.  As a student athlete, Sam earned his Varsity letter in both baseball and cross country.  He took Advanced Placement and College Now classes and holds a weighted GPA of 4.0.  Sam was also honored this year with the Farmer’s Insurance Scholar Athlete Award!

What are your plans after high school?

I will be attending Oregon State University on an Air Force ROTC Scholarship.  I plan on majoring in Mechanical Engineering.  Sam was awarded two ROTC scholarships (Army and Air Force) and he chose the Air Force ROTC scholarship. 

What excites you most about the future?

Attending college and taking the next steps in my life.

What has been your favorite memory of high school?

All the experiences and fun times I have had over the years.

Is there anything else you’d like to share about your feelings about graduating?

I am excited about what the future holds!

Joshua Davis, Dean of Students and Head Baseball Coach, shares this about Sam,

“Sam is a student-athlete with high expectations for himself and the drive and work ethic to achieve his goals.  I look forward to hearing about all of the great accomplishments and experiences in his future.  Sam was an outstanding leader at Ridgeview High School and he will be greatly missed.”

Congratulations Sam!  We wish you the best of luck at Oregon State University!