September RSD Team Spotlight: Tamara Boegelsack

About Tamara

Tamara Boegelsack has worked for Redmond School District for 19 years and is in her 14th year working at Obsidian Middle School! She currently serves as Obsidian Middle School’s Registrar and Leadership/Activities Coordinator. She has been nominated for our Team Spotlight by members of her team at Obsidian Middle School! Read below to learn more about Tamara!

What do you find most rewarding about your job?

I have several branches on my tree at Obsidian and I love it! As the Registrar I have the opportunity to be one of the first people that our new students and families have an interaction with and I enjoy being able to welcome them into our pack. My front office co-workers and I work really hard to give the office a fun, positive and welcoming atmosphere. Being the scheduler is a challenging and often frustrating puzzle, but I enjoy a good challenge!

Lastly, a new role I’ve recently taken on is serving as the Leadership/ Activities Coordinator. It is so much fun! I have the opportunity to work with our Packleaders and plan activities and events, something I have been doing for awhile, but now I can be much more involved and I love it! 

What do you love about your school?

I am aware that I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with and interact daily with such an amazing group of people at OMS. From the girls in the kitchen, the custodians, our fabulous teachers and administration, it really does feel like a second family and I am proud to be a part of the Wolfpack  #omsohana

What do you enjoy doing when not working?

When I’m not working I love hanging out with my family, my husband Chris who also works for the District, my daughter Kayla who works part time in our office at OMS, my son Cooper who is who currently a student teacher at RHS and my daughter Paige who is a 7th grader here at Obsidian. I’m also YaYa to my two grandchildren Jesse and Charlotte. When I have free time I enjoy home decorating and until recently I loved to run… I think it’s time to get back into that!

“Tamara is an energetic, creative, and positive team player at Obsidian! Whether organizing school dances or juggling the schedules of 600 students, Tamara goes above and beyond to complete tasks efficiently and with a smile. She is a reliable member of the Wolf Pack, an amazing multi-tasker and just plain fun to be around! We are lucky to have Tamara on our team!”
– Tami Nakamura, Obsidian Middle School Principal
Thank you, Tamara, for your dedication and service to 
Redmond School District students and families!