RSD Team Spotlight: Christin Barnes

“I have been with Redmond School District for 9 years. I started as a Literacy Specialist at Tom McCall Elementary and then moved to Elton Gregory Middle School where I worked in the role of Athletic Secretary and now Student Success Coordinator. Before working for the district I volunteered at Tom McCall Elementary while I was a stay at home mom.

As the Student Success Coordinator I manage our Reset Room and In School Suspension. Our Reset Room is a place for students to come “reset” their minds and bodies so they are ready to be an active & engaged learner. The reset room is a safe space where a student can come to work through the stresses and frustrations of their day. I work with students, staff and families to support the student’s overall success. I’ve been referred to as the “at school mom,” and to me that is the best job title ever!

What I enjoy most about my job is building relationships! The relationships that I build with the students, their families and the staff at EGMS are the greatest reward! Building relationships isn’t always easy but I love the challenge of breaking through the barriers and walls that often surround the hearts and minds of our students.” 

“Christin’s radio name is ‘Wonder Woman’. She earned this name because she radiates passion and commitment, kindness towards everyone in our community, positivity, and she never gives up. She is absolutely amazing and she is our superhero. Here is a picture of her radio which wears a Wonder Woman cape.”  
– Gena Bennett, EGMS Assistant Principal

“For as long as I can remember I have loved working with children. It only seemed natural to go to college to earn my teaching degree. After college, I stayed at home to raise our boys but when they started school and I began volunteering in the classroom, I realized I just might be ready to get back into the game. I also had some wonderful teachers who provided me an example of the kind of educator I desired to be. 

During my years with Redmond School District I have been blessed by the friendships I have developed with my co-workers. I like to refer to them as my work family! I have also had the opportunity and privilege to be a part of some great school teams. We are always better together! To all of you that I have worked with, I am better because of you. I appreciate and value you! 

A few things about me…I am proud to say that I was born in Iowa and raised in an Air Force family that taught me lessons about good character, integrity, kindness, adjusting to and accepting change, and loving others. My husband, Branden, and I enjoy camping & hiking with our dog, Stella. We have two amazing boys. Ryan is a sophomore at Grand Canyon University studying cybersecurity and Brady is a senior at RHS and will head to GCU in the fall. Time with family & friends brings me great joy. I also love Hallmark mysteries & movies, dancing of all kinds (to include Jazzercise) and dessert, not necessarily in that order! 🙂 ” 

“Christin Barnes is the real-life version of Wonder Woman, she opens her heart to kids who need it the most. With her support, students have found success in school that they never imagined possible.”
– Chad Lowe, EGMS Principal