RSD Team Spotlight: Talitha Gray

For as long as I can remember I knew I was going to be a teacher. I didn’t think I was going to be a special education teacher, but after my first year in special education I felt like I belonged.

I started working at Vern Patrick Elementary School in the life skills classroom as an instructional assistant and records manager 13 years ago. After five years I left to complete a Master’s in Education program while subbing in various positions and schools in Redmond. This is my fifth year at M. A. Lynch Elementary as a special education teacher and I love working with the Lynch team! 

My role is to partner with parents, teachers, outside services, administrators and building staff to help create and implement plans for supporting student success. Our team at Lynch does an incredible job working together to use all resources available to support kiddos and give them access to the classroom and instruction at their level. 

This is my second year as part of the leadership team, and I have learned a lot from this opportunity. I love being part of a team that wants all staff to feel valued and all students to succeed.  

The most enjoyable part of my role is figuring out what works for different kiddos. Working with students to achieve their IEP goals and seeing progress throughout the school year brings joy to my heart! I truly feel like the students (and their families) that I work with become part of my family. Another thing I enjoy about working in Redmond School District is the friendships with staff I have made throughout the years. 

My husband and I moved to Central Oregon 15 years ago from Sandy, Oregon where we met in high school. We are blessed with two daughters in 3rd and 6th grade, who are busy with sports and 4-H activities. We enjoy camping, hunting, boating, hockey and pretty much anything outdoors with our friends and family.

“Talitha is one of the hardest working teachers I know. She always has a positive attitude and is willing to do whatever is needed to support her students and team. She is a problem solver; always thinking of out-of-the-box solutions for some of our most challenging students. She is a strong leader and valued team member. I can always count on Talitha to give 110% in all that she does. “
– Rayna Nordstrom, M.A. Lynch Elementary School Principal