Redmond High School Marine Corps JROTC took first place in the Cascade Mountain League JROTC Drill Competition held on November 16.
The Cascade Mountain League JROTC Drill Competition was hosted at Redmond High School. RHS cadets collected several accomplishments including:
- Armed Drill team 1st overall
- Unarmed Drill Team 2nd overall
- Color Guard team 1, 1st place
- Color Guard team 2, 4th place
- Physical Fitness team 1, 4th place
- Physical Fitness team 2, scratched
- Marksmanship Sporter team 1, 2nd Place
- Marksmanship Sporter team 2, 7th place
- Carlin Sibley – Gold Medal for top Physical Fitness score (Males)
- Carlin Sibley – Gold Medal for top Armed Drill Commander
- Tanner Rand – Gold Medal for Sporter Marksmanship (Expert class)
- Caleb Crotwell – Bronze Medal for Sporter Marksmanship (Marksman class)
Redmond High School had 30 cadets competing in the competition and an additional 25 cadets volunteering over the weekend.
“These cadets demonstrated team work and flexibility in a chaotic environment,” shared Michael Trammel, MGySgt, JROTC Instructor. “Not only did they succeed in winning their competition, they planned, organized and put on the meet as well! By applying what they have been taught in the classroom about communication skills, leadership traits and principles they demonstrated their commitment and took personal ownership in hosting the competition.”